Thread: Water Cloudy....

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Cloudy....

PH 7.4
    FC 4.0
    CC 0.0
    CYA 45
    TA 120

PH was 8.0 last night I added Sodium Bisulfate and it dropped it down.
    18x36 IG Vinyl 23,000 gal, AO Smith 48Y 1hp pump, Jacuzzi Laser Sand Filter 250L, T104R, K2006, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Cloudy....

How long has it been looking cloudy? What is your CH level?

I would probably raise the water up to the top of the FC normal range for your pool (or go up to shock level) and do an OCLT http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...rnight_fc_test to see if you should be fighting something.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    How long has it been looking cloudy? What is your CH level?

I would probably raise the water up to the top of the FC normal range for your pool (or go up to shock level) and do an OCLT http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...rnight_fc_test to see if you should be fighting something.
    I did a OCLT test actually. My FC at midnight last night was 4.0 and CC was 0. It was the same thing for both at 9am. It just started looking cloudy last night when I came home.
    18x36 IG Vinyl 23,000 gal, AO Smith 48Y 1hp pump, Jacuzzi Laser Sand Filter 250L, T104R, K2006, Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by 94SupraTT
    I did a OCLT test actually. My FC at midnight last night was 4.0 and CC was 0. It was the same thing for both at 9am. It just started looking cloudy last night when I came home.
    Good job! Since your FC was on the low side, you might want to raise it up and try the OCLT again tonight. I have seen low FC OCLT tests be 0 change, and still have algae. You won't be hurting anything, and it will help eliminate (or not) organisms being your problem.

Let us know your CH level. Also, what is your chlorine source?

It would be helpful if you entered your pool/equipment details in your sig.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Quote Originally Posted by 94SupraTT
    Good job! Since your FC was on the low side, you might want to raise it up and try the OCLT again tonight. I have seen low FC OCLT tests be 0 change, and still have algae. You won't be hurting anything, and it will help eliminate (or not) organisms being your problem.

Let us know your CH level. Also, what is your chlorine source?

It would be helpful if you entered your pool/equipment details in your sig.
    I am currently using 6% bleach as my chlorine source. I just added 143oz of bleach to try to get my FC to 7.0. I'll test for CH shortly and post results.

6. Back To Top    #6

CH is 50

7. Back To Top    #7

So your clouding is not from Calcium. Keep your FC level up tonight and do the OCLT.

8. Back To Top    #8

Ugggh.....FC went from 6.0 with 0 CC to 3.0 and 1.0 CC overnight. Looks like I have algae on top of high TA. Shocking now. I love my K2006. Takes the guess work out of test strips.