Milky substance comes out of booster pump jet when running

Re: Milky substance comes out of booster pump jet when runni

If your sand filter has a multiport valve with "Backwash" "Filter" "Waste" Etc. the spider gasket has failed. Revove the very top of your filter housing with the handle on it and inspect the gasket. Mine was doing the very same thing 2 weeks ago,

linen said:
94supratt,

I would keep this in one post for now. Are you saying the cloudy water you had in the other thread only occurs when the pump jet is running?

Duraleigh see: http://www.troublefreepool.com/water-cloudy-t37524.html

Yes. I rarely run my Polaris due to this. My water can be crystal clear and as soon as I turn on my Polaris is looks like someone is pumping milk through my line that powers the Polaris. I might take a video to show.

gbrent said:
If your sand filter has a multiport valve with "Backwash" "Filter" "Waste" Etc. the spider gasket has failed. Revove the very top of your filter housing with the handle on it and inspect the gasket. Mine was doing the very same thing 2 weeks ago,
I will try that ASAP! Thanks!

edit-Uuggghh. Looks like the spider gasket is not replaceable. I have a Jacuzzi Laser 250L. I have to buy the item assembly.
http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread ... lve-Gasket

also....Why would it only get cloudy when running the Polaris if the gasket failed? The multiport is always in use. I'm confused.

Here is a picture of what it looks like 5-10 seconds after turning on my Polaris.[attachment=0:2g3putuh]pool.jpg[/attachment:2g3putuh]

FC - 6.0
CC - 0.5
PH - 7.1
TA - 70
CH - 40
CYA 45-50

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 59

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Do you use any powdered chemicals in your pool?

Where is the milky water coming out? The Polaris port or the cleaner itself?

You don't pour acid in your skimmer do you?

What happens if you don't have the cleaner hooked up to the return? Does it still emit the cloud?

Is that coming out of the regulator valve?

Bama Rambler said:
You don't pour acid in your skimmer do you?

What happens if you don't have the cleaner hooked up to the return? Does it still emit the cloud?

Is that coming out of the regulator valve?

I dissolved Cyanuric acid in panty hose to the skimmer.

No cloud when the Polaris isn't plugged in. Might be something VERY faint coming up when it is off.

94SupraTT said:
I see a leak at the top of fitting that screws into the top of the pump. That is the suction side though isn't it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Normally the outlet is on the top. You are looking for a suction side leak which lets air into the system. You usually won't see water coming out of a suction side leak except right as you turn the pump off.

JohnT said:
94SupraTT said:
I see a leak at the top of fitting that screws into the top of the pump. That is the suction side though isn't it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Normally the outlet is on the top. You are looking for a suction side leak which lets air into the system. You usually won't see water coming out of a suction side leak except right as you turn the pump off.

I'll keep looking. Its frustrating. That said I know my spider gasket is bad in my pump. Could that cause a suction leak?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.