Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Noob with IGP and SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Noob with IGP and SWG

Pulling trigger on pool purchase tomorrow with hopes to have all in by first week in September. First off I am a minimalist and have a SPA that I only use baking soda, chlorox and Nature2. Perfect water. With my new pool (18x36 vinyl), I will have a Hayward Aqua Plus and T-Cell-15 as my system. Taking the minimalist approach to the pool, what else should I begin my search for in regards to chemicals and stock up in prep for my install and use pre-close and next season?

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Noob with IGP and SWG

Muriatic Acid, Clorox, CYA, TF-100 or K-2006 test kit, safety cover, blow through extension or Ultra Gizmo for each skimmer, appropriately sized winter plugs for each return, pool salt.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Scott. For my size pool, what wry of those products should be on hand? is there a shelf life on any of it that should be considered?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Twin Cities, MN

Since typically you don't switch out water in a pool, say away from the Nature2 for the pool. If interested use the google search at bottom of page and google Nature2.

By the way, I tend to be a minimalist as well. Only liquid chlorine/bleach, MA, CYA, and borates in my hot tub. Ohhh and water and heat and people
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.