Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Motor Removal

1. Back To Top    #1

Motor Removal

We have had our pool for one year and this is our first pool. It is a 15x26 Morada with a Waterway Pro Clean Filter and we love it. Today, however we started hearing a buzz from the pump motor which might be a bearing although I suppose it could be the impeller. In looking at the motor mounting they have pins holding the motor to the base. How do I remove those pins? Thanks for you help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Motor Removal

Welcome to TFP!!

There are so many different set ups I'm not sure I remember yours, can you post a pic or 2?
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

This is our filter
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4

...and I appreciate any help...this site has lots of info for the newbie owner...

5. Back To Top    #5

Are you sure they're not Carriage bolts you could remove the nut from the bottom?

If they are pins, you'll have to drill them out.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Are you sure they're not Carriage bolts you could remove the nut from the bottom?

If they are pins, you'll have to drill them out.
    No they are called snap pins...pictured below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the pics

You should be able to pry them out with a flat-head screwdriver. You might need 2, 1 on each side, and a fulcrum near the pin to maximize leverage, but they ought 'pop' out.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)