Okay, we had a sparkling pool before we left on vacation but while we were gone there were major storms and tons of rain. When we got home the pool was clear but dark green. There are a ton of leaves on the bottom but nothing else. We have a 18x42 intex pool with a 633 2500gph pump. I put in a brand new filter and I cleaned out a bunch of the leaves but couldn't get all of them without getting in the pool.
I decited to shock the pool so I put about 1/2 gallon of bleach onto the pool. Right away I could start seeing a difference. I've waited about 2 hours and the pool is still pretty green. My question is how much bleach can I safely put into the pool. With the rain I imagine i have close to 5000 gallons in it right now.
Should I put the rest of the bottle in there? Should I go get more liquid bleach? Also, I bought a large bottle of concentrated water clarifier. Should I use that along with the bleach? The bottle says to use 1 oz per each 3000 gallons of water so use about 1.5 ozs right?
Thanks for the help.
***update*** I put the rest of the bottle in and it has helped some more but still a bit green. Is it safe to wait another couple hours and put more in? Each time I add it gets better then gets a little bit worse again.