Since I live in a very hot and sunny area, a part of my recently completed project involved placing a shading net over the pool.
Funnily enough the kids complain the water's too cold now.
Never thought that could happen in our parts...
So, I was thinking of starting a new project - use the abundant solar heat to warm up the pool water a bit.
My working assumptions:
1. will build 1 or more solar panels
2. modeled after a regular domestic hot water solar panel
3. the panels will be have a black background material, and many smaller-diameter black pipes running from one end to the other
4. will use a small 12V bilge pump to circulate the water slowly through the panels during the daytime
5. low cost, simple parts
6. no metals (?)
A few questions:
1. Has anyone here done something like that before?
2. Any ideas on how to build the panels?
3. What should I build the panels from?
4. What would the ideal ratio be between the number and diameter of the pipes within the panel?
This seems like a fun project!
Appreciate any input you have,