Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: dedicated suction line blowing water

1. Back To Top    #1

dedicated suction line blowing water

I just found a Polaris Raptor stored away from the previous owners of our house. I have a 50,000 gallon vinyl lined inground pool with two skimmers and a dedicated suction line. There is separate booster pump as well, which I have been told was to be used with the suction line when using an automatic pool cleaner. The place on the line where the pool cleaner should connect though seems to be blowing water instead of suctioning, and when I put the booster pump on, it blows water more forcefully. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any help

Dawn
    24k gal (100k L) inground vinyl|Watermaid EZY SWG|Hayward 1/2 hp & sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: dedicated suction line blowing water

It's not a suction line...it's a pressure cleaner line You're not doing anything wrong. Hook up that polaris and see what happens!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh, wow...I guess you can tell I know almost NOTHING when it comes to pools, lol

So do you know if the Raptor is supposed to be used with pressure line like I have, or do I need to go buy something different to hook up?

Dawn
    24k gal (100k L) inground vinyl|Watermaid EZY SWG|Hayward 1/2 hp & sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

The Polaris raptor is a suction side cleaner. Do not use it on your dedicated pressure line.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hm. Could have looked that up beforehand, huh?

Either way, you do have a pressure line, not a dedicated cleaner suction line. You can use the Raptor by plugging it into the skimmer, or you could get a pressure-side polaris (280, 380, etc).
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden