League City Pool Build 2011

mtgans

May 23, 2011
End of May we started interviewing pool builders. After interviewing two different pool builders, we made our choice and signed on the dotted line on June 27th. We were told it would take a couple weeks for permits, so we were hoping to start week of July 11th. One of the builders/owners showed up on July 19th to paint and stake out our yard for the pool. Our original date for our dig was going to be July 20th, but that did not happen because the dozer was too big and they needed a smaller one so we wouldn't have to take away tons of fencing. So, dig was again supposed to happen on July 23rd. Again, another snafu with the dozer. Third time around, supposed to happen on July 25th. Again, dozer issues. Told the pool company we no longer wanted to do our contract with them, as we were very anxious about the problems we seemed to be having and the pool had not even started yet. They said that was fine and we would need to give tile samples back and pay them for the permits that were done. After sleeping on it, we decided to give them one more chance, as I could not face the thought of having to interview more builders and we really did like the work this pool company did and had heard good things about them. So, long story short, our dig finally got started on Saturday, July 30th. They started digging at 8:45 and finished at 10:30 at night. We were so excited!
:whoot:
Here are a couple photos of the dig....
046.jpg

050.jpg

049.jpg

078.jpg

Glad you finally got started, Looks like it will be a very nice pool. Love a pool with a deep end too....how deep is it going to be? Ill be checking back. I dunno why, but Im fascinated with these build progress pics. Fun and interesting.

I know, the process has been interesting. I, too, have looked at many of the build pictures on this forum. That is why I decided to document our own build.

To answer your question, our pool will be 8'6" and we will have a diving board. I will try to post more pictures today, as we are at the tile and rock stage today. And, boy, picking the tile was stressful and took me awhile, but I think I am going to like it. Today will b the day we will actually see what it looks like!
:party:

Great tip on the test kit. One is included, but I don't think it's the better test kit. Seems like I read the best is maybe the 5 part test kit or something? I think the one that I am getting that is included is maybe a 4 part? I may be misremembering. I will definitely read back up on that to refresh. Thanks!

And yeah, not quite $1500....ha! :wink:

A couple more dig shots...

148.jpg

150.jpg

Water in the deep end...

157.jpg

August 1st - First day of rebar! The workers started the rebar. I called my pool builder that morning to see if we could get the dozer to return to make some adjustments to the grading in the deep end. I was nervous because I stood where the diving board was going to be and it looked like my kids would be jumping right on the slope. My pool builder is fantastic! They said no problem, that they wanted us to be happy with it. So, the rebar guys were just there a half of the day and the builder set up for the dozer to come out the following day to fix the slope for us. So, on August 2nd, the dozer fixed our slope for us and the rebar guys were back at it in full swing. The crews have been great to work with....a really nice group of guys!

Here are a few of the rebar pics....

164.jpg

177.jpg

Dozer regrading slope for us...

199.jpg

More to come....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Those test kits mentioned are fine for salt pools as you are testing for the same chemicals (chlorine, ph, alkalinity, hardness, CYA) as non salt pool. You may want to add salt level test strips to your test kit as most people use the strips for testing salt levels.

Sorry it has taken me so long to post. Things have been busy!

August 2nd & 3rd - Finishing rebar for the pool and stub out of plumbing.

253.jpg

257.jpg

258.jpg

268.jpg

272.jpg

282.jpg

283.jpg

289.jpg

More to follow. I promise it will be soon!

Okay. Throwing a question out there....thoughts and opinions appreciated. We had to pick our plaster color and decking color. We are going with Sunstone Smoke for the plaster and Mission Tan for the spray decking.

Does anyone have either of these that could post a picture for me? I would really appreciate it! I hope the Smoke color won't make the pool too hot! Any advice is greatly appreciated! I hope Sunstone is a good product!

Man, I really love this pool. It is easily one of my favorite builds I've watched on the forum. I absolutely love the big deep end. To me, it's one thing that really makes for an outstanding pool. The spa and sundeck/shelf are very nice too. I really don't know, but I am thinking that the amount of deep water will help keep water cooled down. How dark is that grey you are looking at using? Is there a color swatch you can post or link us too? Very curious to see it, as I think some shade of light grey or grey/blue is what I would pick out.

I know you must be really busy, and if it were me, the last thing I'd be worried with is posting pictures on a forum. Truly appreciate you sharing this with us and taking the time out. It's just so much fun to watch a build come together. One day...one day...I am going to get one too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.