Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sad

1. Back To Top    #1

Sad

We are enjoying cooler temps here in Indiana after a heat wave from ****. But I am sad to see summer coming to an end and closing the pool is the saddest part! Thanks for everyone who helps on this site. This site has made my pool ownership so much more affordable and enjoyable!
    17K gal, AG, Hayward Sandfilter, new to the BBB method.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sad

Still hot and muggy here on the Gulf Coast ... although the pool temp dropped to 83 .5 today after a pop-up shower.

We still have a good 7 or 8 weeks until "closing" (mid Oct.).
    20,125 gal. (2,690.6 c.f.) In-Ground / Concrete (Gunite) / Pentair Tagelus TA-60-60D Sand Filter / Pentair Whisper Flo Pump Model WF-24 @ 1HP / Hayward Veri-Flo Valve Model 710 / Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit / Pool School student

3. Back To Top    #3

Close??? Out here, the worst heat is usually September, and carries on until mid-October, when the season (such as it is in California) changes abruptly. I'd say you're only half way through the season.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Half way?? NOT !! I didn't get in until Memorial Day weekend when the water finally got to 80!! Once the water temp gets into the 70's - I'm outa there!!! I grew up in the northern latitudes of Indiana (South Bend) but my blood has thinned considerably since migrating to the bikini state (FL). You couldn't keep me out of Lake Michigan when I was a kid! Average summer temp is in the 60's as I recall.
    20,125 gal. (2,690.6 c.f.) In-Ground / Concrete (Gunite) / Pentair Tagelus TA-60-60D Sand Filter / Pentair Whisper Flo Pump Model WF-24 @ 1HP / Hayward Veri-Flo Valve Model 710 / Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit / Pool School student

5. Back To Top    #5

What's closing? :P
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm in Indiana too.. and sadly, our season will come to an end in early Sept if we're lucky. I certainly wish we could hold out longer, but the water temps just get too cold! I would swim all year if I could!

Maybe you could send some of your warm water to Indiana this fall Richard ?????
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

7. Back To Top    #7

Up North here we are still baking, had some toasty temps in the high 80's... threw my cover on as the past few nights were supposed to be dropping down a bit... left it on as I was late to go yesterday morning..pool got up to 88 yesterday ...Yippeee Bath time today!!!!

8. Back To Top    #8

Right now it is too hot to swim. Hopefully it'll cool of in a few weeks and we can resume enjoying the backyard.
    13k gallon IG gunite pool
    Jandy 2 speed pump
    Jandy cartridge filter
    Stenner Pump and tank