Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pump replacement looks different

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex pump replacement looks different

Hello all,
    I recently purchased an Intex sand filter system with a pump rated at 2100 GPH. Lo and behold, the pump wouldn't work. While on a phone call with an Intex customer service rep, he figured the pump motor was defective and would send a replacement motor. That was Auguse 4th and I received the package today. That's certainly great service as I live on the east coast of Canada and it was shipped from west coast of the US. Apparently, they sent the whole pump and motor unit, and not just the pump. However, the replacement looks different than the original. I'll try to attach some pictures but here are the differences I noticed. My concern is that I want to be sure that I didn't receive a pump with a lower flow rate than the 2100 gph pump I originally purchased.

1. The outlet to the sand filter comes up through the center on the original pump (2100) and off to the side on the new pump.

2. The intake connection on the original pump has one O-ring, and the new pump has two O-rings.

3. The intake connection on the original pump has more threads than the new pump.

4. The plug on the new pump has reset and test buttons, while the original does not.

5. There is an INTEX logo on the top of the new pump, and not on the original pump.

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

GC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex pump replacement looks different

Looks like they had a redesign between the first andd second one. Looks to me like the new pump is actually a better design then the old one.

The test and reset buttons are a GFCI. A good thing.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I've also read that the 2100 gph pump was recently upgraded to 2650 gph. I wonder would I have been luck enough to receive the 2650 as a replacement?

Does anyone out there with the 2100 or the 2650 know if their design matches either of the pictures?
    Thanks,
    GC
    Bestway SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

conisder yourself lucky the new one that was sent to you is actually the newer 2650 model it is the same as mine (which is 2650)

5. Back To Top    #5

Well thanks very much...that's great to hear.....and get this...when my wife purchased it at Walmart, when they scanned it it came up for $112. Originally priced at $260, on sale for $200. My wife asked "Are you sure that's right?"....the lady said, "Well, that's what it scanned at". Needless to say, I am now a happy camper.
    Bestway SWG