Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Voldaddy

1. Back To Top    #1

Voldaddy

Hello all. I seldom wear underwear, and when I do, it's something unusual [sorry, couldn't resist this line from Stripes]

Long time lurker, infrequent poster. I just joined as a lifetime member. I was at poolforum for a while, and I'm glad to see a lot of the knuckleheads migrated over here. And yes, I do have a waterproof phone that I use in my pool. 8)

I converted from Baquacil to bleach about 3 years ago, and couldn't be happier. I live in N. GA, about 5 minutes from Chattanooga. I'm a huge UT Vols fan. I'm married with 2 beautiful daughters.

Hurry up summer, I'm ready to swim!
    18x36 IG oval w/vinyl liner, 21k gallon, sand filter, Aquabot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Welcome good to have you here.
    15x30x54 AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 spd pump, cartridge filter, Royal Entrance steps,Pool Rover Jr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Welcome Voldaddy, glad you made the leap from poolforum to here. I was never able to participate there but enjoy(ed) the atmosphere, and yes, I've grown accustomed to having the other "knuckleheads" that migrated from there to here.

BTW, huge Bama fan here - Roll Tide! (sorry! couldn't resist!) I'm transplanted from Alabama to Houston.

You live in a very beautiful part of the country. I spent quite a bit of time kayaking the rivers in that area (Ocoee, Nantahala) several years back.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JET4
    Welcome good to have you here.
    TY.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ktdave
    Welcome Voldaddy, glad you made the leap from poolforum to here. I was never able to participate there but enjoy(ed) the atmosphere, and yes, I've grown accustomed to having the other "knuckleheads" that migrated from there to here.

BTW, huge Bama fan here - Roll Tide! (sorry! couldn't resist!) I'm transplanted from Alabama to Houston.

You live in a very beautiful part of the country. I spent quite a bit of time kayaking the rivers in that area (Ocoee, Nantahala) several years back.
    Thanks kt, sorry about the Bama thing. Saban is killing it in recruiting, and Bama will be back to dominating very soon. You will get to see them a lot next year between the ESPN games and the CBS game of the week.

The rivers you mentioned are very beautiful, as is the Hiawassee. Great fishing in these areas too.

6. Back To Top    #6

"Nobody calls me Francis".... Love Stripes.

Welcome Voldaddy.

KTDave made me raft the Ocoee last summer. Thanks Dave.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

7. Back To Top    #7
    Hope you enjoyed it Sean. That water is always freezing!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Welcome Voldaddy,

Like so many TFP folks, you live in a very beautiful part of the country! My family is from the Copperhill, Tenn/McCaysville, Ga area. Both my bros were born there, but parents moved to Charleston, SC before my sis & I were born. Still have family strewn all over Tenn, NC & Ga & we still visit. The beauty of it all still amazes me....the smell of fresh apples in the fall at the roadside stands, the leaves turning colors.......ok, I'll quit! But just one last thing: When we were kids we would walk from grandma's hilltop house thru town (Copperhill, Tenn) across the bridge to the "walk-in movie" in McCaysville, Ga!...It only took us about 15 minutes to get there! And, it only cost a dime.

Again, Welcome! Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!