Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Returned from 12-day vacation

1. Back To Top    #1
    Miami, FL

Returned from 12-day vacation

Beautiful weather in So. California - especially San Diego. Extremely pleasant temps, though we did not pack for the slightly cooler temps at night. Way better than what was going on in Miami, that's for sure.

So, as outlined here, I had a general plan for pool maintenance during our absence. I haven't spoken to my neighbor, so I'm not sure when he dumped the 5 gallons of CL, but this was the the test result upon return:

FC = 4
    CC = 0
    pH = 7.8
    CYA = 50
    Alk = 60
    CH = 400
    Water clear - just a lot of debris in bottom and floating - the pool vac seems to be messed up (started noticing in the days leading up to departure) and the skimmer was probably not working at its best (seems to have rained a LOT since the pool was so full I drained out 1" of water yesterday).

So put in some CL to get it back up to 7-8 and MA to get it down to the mid-7s, tried to get the vac to work better (maybe the subject of another post), brushed, and jumped in. I wonder why my CYA did not go up more (each tab is supposed to add 9 and I put in 3 tabs - can't believe I had so much rain dilution, maybe some testing error margin?), but I'll call this a successful BBB vacataion maintenanance!
    14'x30' (est. 14K gal) w/spillover spa (est. 500 gal) - 1995 // Diamond Brite Blue Quartz - 2006
    Hayward SwimPure Plus T-15 - 2013 // Zodiac MX-8 - 2013
    Plain ol' Intermatic mechanical timer // Pump: 1 HP Pentair SuperFlo - 2012
    Filter: Hayward C17502(S) Cartridge Filter - 2011 // Heat Pump: Sunrunner/Aquapro 1300 (127K BTU) - 2011

2. Back To Top    #2

Lynchburg VA

Re: Returned from 12-day vacation

18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    Central NY

Re: Returned from 12-day vacation

Isn't it great when you are "schooled about your pool". I continue to have ignorant friends who like to spend $$ on pool store "fixes"!! Oh well, there loss ...
    14,600g / 24ft. Round Above Ground with Solar Cover
    18" Hayward Pro Sand Filter
    1 HP Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump running 10am - 8pm
    Full Sun (when we get sun ... LOL): Approx. 10am to 7pm
    Using the Trouble Free Method, and loving it!! Arrrrrrrr!!!!