Giggity Giggity Goo TheQuagmire is in.

Aug 10, 2011
Gulf Shores, AL
Hello there,

My names Vital, and I am a new CPO, seeking knowledge to help my parents run their pools, mostly just residential, even a salt water pool(love it). I came across poolforum, joined up, asked a few questions.. and bam... banned? I was utterly surprised to be banned from a... pool forum of all places... I of course contacted "Ben", got one reply, and never heard from the guy again after two replys I sent. Anyways, I found this site, which looks a Whole lot more friendlier, and less... how can i say this? like a prison camp?

I'll need to update my infos in my profiliesos(hehe), I'll get more in detail who I am, but I gotta fly, work beckons, and my birthday is tomorrow hehe.

My 11yo can giggity giggity goo with accuracy.

I know that makes me a bad mom btw.

When I tried to register at the pool forum last year it was for pay only. I've paid my support here instead. Way less weirdness here... in fact none. I like that, and decided to support it all on my own over a year later when I could. Asking for support is entirely different than demanding it.

Back again, whew its nasty hot outside lol so I am hiding in the ac office (evil grin).

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Like I was saying, I do mostly the family stuff, and have recently taken control of the hotel pool... lots of fun let me tell you... sucker was built in the late 50's lol and the plumbing was "excellent" so "excellent" we had to re-do it all lol. There's still the backwash piping I need to do something about... It is by far the most strangest thing I have ever laid eyes on ever when it comes to plumbing for anything... the exit pipe instead of connecting to the sewer... it is literally pointed straight up next to the sewer... so I can tell you the first time we tried a backwash we thought the pipe exploded LoL, I noticed it when I viewed outside the pool house. A good 10? maybe 15ft fountain lol. Fun...

Anyways,
My name is Vitaliy, most folks just call me Vital instead. I am 24, turning 25 tomorrow. Male, single, and looking *wink wink*, Tall and Handsum (hehe).
Born in the Ole' CCCP back in the day, moved over yonder to California where I've been living for close to 18 years, and recently moved over to Gulf Shores, AL. Lots of fun... oh and its sooo... hot... I miss the steady 70 all year round in southern cali.

Anyways, Pretty big newb when it comes to water treatment. Have been fighting and learning everything I can, and so far the pool is crystal clear, minus a few leaves on the bottom(Hehe). Never delt with a 28k gallon pool before, mostly the kiddie pools, and medium/large outdoor, uh? above ground pools my parents bought... and installed solo... fun I say.. fun!

So far so good, having issue with the alkalinity balance mostly, I think I just need to chems cause I believe this stuff I got is old... did I say old? Jeeze must be even older than that hehe. So its just a matter of learning the ropes, cause that cpo training book was pretty worthless.

Happy Birthday Vital!

BTW, I've seen a few un-sloped drain piping jobs before, and even one or two that go uphill... but never a vertical one. That's kinda special.

Makes you wonder... the first rule of plumbing is and always has been... Darn flows down hill.

Welcome to TFP!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY :cheers:

If you need a good (actually it's better than good) test kit, check out TFtestkits.com [if this didn't make a clickable link, it's in my sig].

Read here, ask questions and you'll be on top of the chemistry very soon :cool:

Glad you found us :) (and on this site, you don't need to ask "Hey!, who's leg do I have to h*mp to get an answer around here" :lol: )

TheQuagmire said:
Hello there,

My names Vital, and I am a new CPO, seeking knowledge to help my parents run their pools, mostly just residential, even a salt water pool(love it). I came across poolforum, joined up, asked a few questions.. and bam... banned? I was utterly surprised to be banned from a... pool forum of all places... I of course contacted "Ben", got one reply, and never heard from the guy again after two replys I sent. Anyways, I found this site, which looks a Whole lot more friendlier, and less... how can i say this? like a prison camp?

I'll need to update my infos in my profiliesos(hehe), I'll get more in detail who I am, but I gotta fly, work beckons, and my birthday is tomorrow hehe.

Welcome to TFP, and it is friendly. Banned that fast eh? Wow they must be touchy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support