Trying to find filter cartridges?

Alex

Jul 24, 2011
Quebec
Hi!

I'm trying to find filter cartridges for an Intex Easy-Set 15' x 3' inflatable pool, but our local Canadian Tire retailers are all out. Does anyone have any ideas? The cartridge I need is their Type A cartridge - 4 1/8 inches wide by 8 1/8 inches high. I can order them directly from Intex, but I'm not sure yet how long they'll take to arrive as we're in Canada and Intex is based in the U.S. It's kind of urgent as we just got the pool without realizing we should have gotten a supply of filter cartridges, and they only last two weeks.

Thank you!
Alex

Hi Alex, don't panic just yet! You can clean your cartridge filters and they will last alot longer. You can order some from your choice of suppliers. But in the meantime you can spray them off with a water hose (use a spray gun for better force), and then soak for a short while in a bucket of water with some dishwasher soap (not dish detergent) and then rinse again. This should hold you over for some time until your new ones arrive. I have only 3 B size cartridge filters that I have been using since May, and I keep them sparkling clean! Saves alot of money too!

Dont order them from intex...you'll get them in October! If you can't find any locally, order them online elsewhere. Easy to find, look on ebay. Amazon or what ever is cheapest. And yes...you can wash them and re-use.

Hey there. Cleaning them is a great way to save $ and it works well. I am also in the "true north" :) and I use the same type filter as you do. I think that you would be lucky to find them at any major outlet store now as they are all switching to winter stuff. If you are close to a pool store you might try there. Also try ebay, there are lots there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.