Need Your Feedback on Decking

Jun 10, 2011
We have 3 options available to us with our concrete decking: 1) brushed; 2) exposed aggregate; and 3) stamped. Brushed seems a bit dull to us, but worry that exposed would be too rough on the feet and stamped would be too slippery.

Would like to know what y'all have gone with; experiences; pros/cons....

Thanks for the feedback.

My stamped concrete is not slippery, but we didn't seal it either.

I like the look of the stamped / colored concrete over brushed or exposed agg, but I think some of that has to do with the style of the yard. Someone just put in an exposed agg decking and it looks pretty cool.

I'm glad we didn't go any darker on our decking. It is already just about to hot to walk on when we have a hot day.

Attachments

• Net.JPG
    Net.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 235
Nightmare said:

I like the look of the stamped / colored concrete over brushed or exposed agg, but I think some of that has to do with the style of the yard. Someone just put in an exposed agg decking and it looks pretty cool.

I'm glad we didn't go any darker on our decking. It is already just about to hot to walk on when we have a hot day.

Nightmare:

First, I followed your build and I have to say your backyard is incredible. It's absolutely stunning.

As for our situation, we have an existing stamped/colored concrete patio that we are incorporating into the pool build. Thing is, the patio is quite slippery when wet....we sealed it. So we were afraid the decking would be just as slippery. Never thought of not sealing it. I like the idea of stamping exposed aggregate...I might as the PB about that option. Definitely going with a light color as our existing patio is a taupe/very light tan color.

thanks

Big_Ragu said:
Nightmare said:

Nightmare:

First, I followed your build and I have to say your backyard is incredible. It's absolutely stunning.

As for our situation, we have an existing stamped/colored concrete patio that we are incorporating into the pool build. Thing is, the patio is quite slippery when wet....we sealed it. So we were afraid the decking would be just as slippery. Never thought of not sealing it. I like the idea of stamping exposed aggregate...I might as the PB about that option. Definitely going with a light color as our existing patio is a taupe/very light tan color.

thanks

Wonder what the long term effects are in not sealing... especially with SWG?

I am also torn on my build. Concrete bland, stamped slippery, pavers to much $$$. I am looking at Cool Deck or Texture-Crete, but have no solid info yet.

thadius65 said:
Big_Ragu said:
Nightmare said:

Nightmare:

thanks

Wonder what the long term effects are in not sealing... especially with SWG?

I am also torn on my build. Concrete bland, stamped slippery, pavers to much $$$. I am looking at Cool Deck or Texture-Crete, but have no solid info yet.

Good point thadius65...I also have SWG. However, I just asked my PB to look into stamped exposed aggregate. He's never done it; so he's going to ask his concrete guy. More to follow....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.