Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Pool - finally posting photos (I hope)

1. Back To Top    #1

Our Pool - finally posting photos (I hope)

House end of pool looking toward waterfall. We end up painting the wall to right of rock same medium brown as in Ramada area. The "bases" of the wood poles" were also painted same brown.
    [attachment=2:16wwskh5]pool 1.jpg[/attachment:16wwskh5]

Can Kinda see the TV above the fireplace in this photo....not any use of fireplace so far, but wait til winter!
    [attachment=1:16wwskh5]pool 8.jpg[/attachment:16wwskh5]

Waterfall/grotto with wet steps:
    [attachment=0:16wwskh5]pool 5.jpg[/attachment:16wwskh5]

Lot of fun...enjoying it a lot, although school just started this week.

RK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RawhideKid
    Phoenix, AZ (Goodyear actually)
    Pool finally complete!!! IG, 40,635 gallons w/2080 gallon spa with 16 jets. Pool is 40x21 ft with 10 ft deep end; two baja steps
    Pentair Cartridge filter - 520 SQ. PebbleSheen interior. 2 Pentair VS pumps. Pentair Intellichlor SWG
    4 deck jets, 2 bubblers, fake rock grotto/waterfall with wet steps. 3 surrounding half-pergola's with misters in future
    Sunken covered ramada with cabinets, fridge, and wood fireplace. (soon to have big screen TV)
    Basically, 14 years of planning on how to survive this blistering AZ summer!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Our Pool - finally posting photos (I hope)

Fantastic looking pool and back yard. Yours will be the place to be all summer!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow! Really nice!

4. Back To Top    #4

Very nice pool! Love the Bar and the Grotto. Both very nice touches for sure. Im envious.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

I love it!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

6. Back To Top    #6

WOW! That is awesome!
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Beautiful pool! Is the bathroom nearby the bar?
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks Fabulous RK, really nice job. Thanks for posting the pics.
    10,800 gallons Gunite/Plaster
    Hayward 244t 24" Sand Filter with Zeo
    1 1/2 HP Challenger
    Digital Pool Pilot DIG-220 SC-48
    Located in NOLA

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

looks bad@$$, do you have any construction pics?

10. Back To Top    #10

Very nice, really like the bar.
    http://www.circledspecialties.com

44,000 IG Salt Pool - Pentair VF, Quad 100, Polaris 280, IC60, 400 Mater Temp

11. Back To Top    #11

WOW!! What a great pool set up. Absolutely stunning!

12. Back To Top    #12

love the grotto, hand me a Corona! That looks like it wasn't cheap! Also the waterfall is cool, must look great at night. I like the cockapoo dog too. (we had one was I was a kid)
    Dream Maker Big EZ Spa
    Using Leslie's Chlorine, Spa Shock, Ph Up & Dry Acid

13. Back To Top    #13

Looks like you live at a resort! It really came out awesome. Someone asked where the bathroom was...the pool of course
    Congrats on the completion and enjoy!!
    Finished build 4/12/12 Central MD- IG Concrete 48x26 Lazy L
    35,000 gallons, 3.5'-8.5' with diving platform and sheer decent.

14. Back To Top    #14

Very beautiful pool. One thing I would say is to be careful regarding the underwater stools. There can be times when people will not see them and someone might get hurt if they run into one of them.

15. Back To Top    #15

NICE!!!
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

16. Back To Top    #16

Looks great!!! Enjoy.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

17. Back To Top    #17

hi all. thx for complements. been off this site for awhile...i'll try to post some construction shots.

Bathroom - the house we bought comes with an outside bathroom! wonderful in keeping the wet kids out of the house - to change, etc....
    Agree about the underwater stools, but our water is crystal clear due to following this forum's recommendations, using the TFT test kit, and frankly, my anal testing of the water weekly.

We certainly made mistakes in the design/construction process, and I may change a few things in the future. I'll try to post a few shots that show the issues. Biggest issues include:
    design of spa - I was VERY stupid in designing a sloped wall -thought it would be nice to recline like the fiberglass spa's. Oops- float too much and can't brace your legs like in a fiberglass pool. Also, builder put in jets that stick out too far. duh...
    sunken bar - put in wooden cabinets...near water; near sun. we did put in electric drop shades (wonderful to cut the glare on tv) but still - cabinets will be replaced in another year or two....
    last, the design of the sunken bar is fairly good but I should have bought the furniture and designed around it's shape and form...

pool itself is great. Bubblers are not as great as hoped; deck jets are ok. Lighting is awesome; equipment controller is awesome...

I'm a big fan of AZ winter's - sitting out in the sunken bar, watching football all day Sunday (after Church), drinking a cool one, turning the fireplace on in the evening...wow - incredible. Summer is of course great too, but i really enjoy the winters and the outside tv. We also turn on the spa and swivel the TV towards it and watch movies with the kids....

RK
    RawhideKid
    Pool finally complete!!! IG, 40,635 gallons w/2080 gallon spa with 16 jets. Pool is 40x21 ft with 10 ft deep end; two baja steps
    Pentair Cartridge filter - 520 SQ. PebbleSheen interior. 2 Pentair VS pumps. Pentair Intellichlor SWG
    4 deck jets, 2 bubblers, fake rock grotto/waterfall with wet steps. 3 surrounding half-pergola's with misters in future
    Sunken covered ramada with cabinets, fridge, and wood fireplace. (soon to have big screen TV)
    Basically, 14 years of planning on how to survive this blistering AZ summer!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!!

18. Back To Top    #18

here are some shots....a bit late stage. I'll look for earlier stage dig and other shots.
    RawhideKid

19. Back To Top    #19

couple more shots....enjoy. Happy to discuss with anyone the pro's and con's of certain elements. No expert but learned some stuff here.
    RawhideKid

20. Back To Top    #20

That is one of the coolest pools I've seen..

Did you design it all yourself??
    1) 9250 Gallons (35k Litres)
    2) Sandpiper 650 sand filter
    3) IG pool - Waterline tiles,concrete shell with Washington white pebble and diamond brite finish.
    4) Flow rate of filter is 4000 Gallons/Hr (15k L/H). )
    5) Build in 1993, MELB AUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast