CH high in new pool

bg22

Aug 2, 2011
Texas
So I received my TFT-100 kit today and tested my water. I'm a newbie 1st pool owner. My CH tested at 380 today. This seems to be a little to high. Of course my pH has been swinging to 8.0 everyday because of the new plaster I take. So my question is, will the CH eventually come down once I get the pH more stabilized or do I really need to replace water already? I've been reducing pH to 7.4 everyday with 31.45% MA. Pool calc is showing my CSI at .72 and wants to replace 32% of water. Not sure I need to go that route yet.

Results from todays test:
12k gallon
FC: 1.5
CC: .5
TC: 2.0
pH: 8.0
TA: 90
CA: 380
CYA: 20 or lower, added more stabilizer today
Salt: 600
Temp: 94

Thanks TFP for all the tips!

CH will never go down except by splashout or draining.

380 is really not all that bad, you just need to watch the pH closely, which you already are. And if you were swirling by hand and not using a speedstir, it's probably not really that high.

Punch all your numbers into the pool calculator and see what the CSI is. As long as you're at 0 +/-.5 it will be okay. Just take advantage of any rain you get, as that has no CH in it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.