Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool and not sure about pool depth

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool and not sure about pool depth

Hello, I'm new here and need some questions answered. Our pool was filled last wednesday and my husband believes the deep end is not 7 feet, as requested. How do you measure the depth of the pool to be sure? He took a tape measure and measured from the bottom of the deep end to the surface of the water. He came up with 6ft 4 inches. Do we have any recourse? Unfortunately we did not measure when we were in the gunite phase. When they were originally digging the pool, my husband didn't think the deep end was 7 feet and they hand dug that area. We just assumed from that point that everything was correct. Please help!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: New pool and not sure about pool depth

If it's 6'4" to the water it's 7' (or real close) at the top of the coping. Pools aren't measured to the water level, they're measured to the top of the coping.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New pool and not sure about pool depth

I wish I knew that when they were still digging. I would've had them go to 8' if we were going to lose half a foot. It makes me sick to think about it. Thank you for your response, though.