Is my pool set too high?

Jun 12, 2011
Michigan
So I am essentially doing the contracting of burying a Radiant Metric GT pool. I was worried about digging too deep, so I kept the depth a little high. Because of the grade of the lot, the pool is 7" above grade in the front and 20" above grade in the back. I haven't backfilled yet, but I am worried that since it is sitting that high it may not have that inground look. Did I set it too high or is this something that can be easily fixed with backfilling and grading?

direct front view 7" above grade.

1znlhqp.jpg

I think it looks good, that dirt still has to be leveled out, you could always bring in some extra dirt which isn't that expensive. Plus, if you add a deck or patio, I think it will look great.

You need some elevation to avoid surface water running into the pool. If you are planning a deck, you'll eat up most of that 7". IIRC, the goal on ingrounds in our area is minimum 4" above grade at all points.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.