Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Building a new pool near Houston

1. Back To Top    #1

Building a new pool near Houston

I will be contracting out the construction of my new pool soon and appreciate any input from all of the knowledgable members of this forum. It will be a game style pool (3' depth on the ends and 5' in the center) in the Houston area. I am also interested in any contractors that can be recommended for hire. Thanks for any information or suggestions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Spring, TX

Re: Building a new pool near Houston

Try these guys and see if they can help or recommend. They are located in Spring, TX.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    Houston, TX (Candlelight Estates)

Poolman in Tomball
    20,000 gallon gunite pool, attached spa, Pebblesheen finish, Paramount PCC-2000 infloor cleaning system, Paramount ClearO3 ozone system, Intelliflo VS main pump, Whisperflo 1HP cleaner pump, StaRite cartridge filter, StaRite heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for your suggestions! I will check them out soon as I begin my project.

5. Back To Top    #5

Beware of installing rocks that are sandstone for waterfall or edging the pool. Sandstone wears too easily and rough edges within a few inches of waterline are algae magnets. My rock coping goes 3 inches into the water and is impossible to clean of calcium deposits or algae, and then some of the rocks are melting away slowly (small pile of sand below, or places where rock is less than grout line indicates)
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you Anonapersona, those tips are greatly appreciated.