Zodiac G4 'Sail' repair...

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Well, renting has it's fine points... and it's bummers... :grrrr:

Nothing like being on the hook to 'maintain' the pool and it's parts! It isn't like the Zodiac G4 was new - Not at all.

While handling it, the top part of the Sail chipped a chunk out! Well, it would still work pretty good, but the writing was on the wall... it has had all of the polymer 'goodness' sucked out of it by the chlorine and PH variances.

Well, my wife handled it, and the last little piece broke off.... :rant: Now it would only circle the deep end, never visit the shallows unless you dragged it over there, AND - when it dropped off the side walls it would pull it's 'feet' underneath it causing it to either cease movement completely, or it would move to fast and not pick anything up!

Well, the other day I got an idea... The pictures are attached.
[attachment=1:2y15rxh8]ZodiacParts.jpg[/attachment:2y15rxh8]

[attachment=0:2y15rxh8]ZodiacFixed.jpg[/attachment:2y15rxh8]

Total repair cost - Less than $2.00. I don't know how long it will last, but Fly Swatters are easy to find in Tucson AZ! :lol:

With the cost of the replacement Sail at $80, I think I can afford to fix it a few more times till the timing is better for the replacement!

Hope that helps someone out...

Patrick AKA Pierre!

Attachments

• ZodiacParts.jpg
    ZodiacParts.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 43
  • ZodiacFixed.jpg
    ZodiacFixed.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 42
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.