Pool is becoming a money pit.

Jul 30, 2010
Jezz just 5 months ago I spent just over 2 grand getting leaks fixed. I leave for vacation a few weeks ago and get back to find out I have another leak. I have been having to add water everyday just to keep the water level at the skimmer and now my deck is raising up from the pool on one side. Is their any write up's online about doing your own return pipe leak detection? I am just not in a financial position to spend another 2 grand on this thing and figure if I don't take care of it my pool is going to just get worse and worse. :x

and now my deck is raising up from the pool on one side.
Can you post some pics of that area so we can see what's happening?

I can't think of a link that would help because each pool is so specific but I'll bet you can get good advice here if we get a vuisual idea of what's happening with your pool.

duraleigh said:
and now my deck is raising up from the pool on one side.
Can you post some pics of that area so we can see what's happening?

I can't think of a link that would help because each pool is so specific but I'll bet you can get good advice here if we get a vuisual idea of what's happening with your pool.
Ill get some pics of it tomorrow. Basically were the deck meets the pool its lifting.

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

You obviously have some movement going on. I think if it is re-grouted it will crack. You should clean the entire space by removing the existing materials from the joint. Fill the bottom of the void with backer rod and caulk the joint with a high quality polyurethane sealant. Backer rod and sealant can be found at Lowes or Home Depot.

slambrecht said:
You obviously have some movement going on. I think if it is re-grouted it will crack. You should clean the entire space by removing the existing materials from the joint. Fill the bottom of the void with backer rod and caulk the joint with a high quality polyurethane sealant. Backer rod and sealant can be found at Lowes or Home Depot.

Thanks for the reply. I am not familiar with backer rod? What exactly is it?

Does any one have any advice on finding leaks on the return pipes? I am pretty sure I have a leak in one and need to find it. I just can not afford to pay a company to come out again and fix it. I am losing about 4 inchs or more of water a day.

Also is their a good website for tile replacement stuff online. That is another project I really need to start on with this pool also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.