Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Sense and Dispense

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Sense and Dispense

I recently installed a Hayward Sence and Dispense for my salt pool. Any idea how long to set the pH Feed Time-Out? I figured it should be as short as possible to avoid throwing the pool over to the acid side. Am I wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

40,000 gallon pool salt setup with hayward ProLogic system
    Varible speed pump
    22K IG plaster, 36 sq ft Pentair Nautilus Plus DE filter, 1/2 HP Pentair pump, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Hayward Pool Vac XL, rotted out diving board

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Sense and Dispense

No idea...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

You can set it quite long. Your pool is quite large and it would take a while for the PH to change enough to be a problem. Meanwhile, you don't want the unit shutting down because something came along and raised the PH and it can't get it back in line quickly enough.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks!!
    22K IG plaster, 36 sq ft Pentair Nautilus Plus DE filter, 1/2 HP Pentair pump, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Hayward Pool Vac XL, rotted out diving board