To replace or not replace a non-working SWG......

Jun 16, 2011
I need some serious help!! I purchased a home just over a year ago with an inground pool. We were so excited and enjoyed it thoroughly last summer. This summer however, we have replaced the filter, pump, repaired 3 leaks in the liner and now my SWG does not work. After some research it seems the black piece on the motherboard is cracked and needs to be replaced ($3 fix if I could solder) - easier said than done. I don't solder and my local pool company said they can only replace the entire board for $500. Do I just go to chlorine and forget the fix. The pool was built in 2003 and I am learning this is why all the equipment is "going". I have put chlorine tabs in my pool and now my chlorine and ph levels are through the roof (pool is very clear) - I also have a small tear on the liner seam above the pool water level. I feel like I'm rebuilding my pool 1 piece at a time!!! Please help!! Tell me there is more to being a pool owner than this!!

Chris in GA

For $3 I'd throw the money at it. I would stop by independent computer repair shops looking for a young geek or two that will change it for you cheap. If you can get the board off and bring it in with you along with the new $3 part you may get it done on the spot. It's not hard at all for anyone that has a little experience. You don't have much to loose.

What brand of SWG is it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.