Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rectangular pool. Corner styles and liner install

1. Back To Top    #1

Rectangular pool. Corner styles and liner install

Getting closer and closer to ordering a DIY inground pool kit. I like the looks of the sharper corners but from reading it seems the 2' corners might be easier to set the liner.

So .... royal lists the corner options of the pool I am considering as 3" diagonal, 6" radius and 2' radius. Should I stick with the 2' corners or is going with one of the others not that bad?

I apologize for the duplicate post .... miss-clicked on the first one.
    19600 gallon 18x36 IG vinyl liner over full length steel steps. 4'x8' sun ledge. Sport bottom 3.5-6.5'.
    Hayward equipment including SP3200 VSP, Pro Logic, T-15, S210S sand filter, 140k Heat Pump and Colorlogic light.
    Under track auto cover.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rectangular pool. Corner styles and liner install

I just did a DIY and used the 2' radius. It was very easy to install the liner and no problems with the liner coming out. A buddy had the square corners put in and the pool builder had problems keeping the liner in the track.
    DIY 18x36 Vinyl Liner 1Hp 2 speed super pump, Hayward Swim Clear cartridge filter, Pentair 12v Intellibrite 5G, MX8 suction pool cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Rectangular pool. Corner styles and liner install

deer hunter - I had read about your build earlier and the pool looks great. I am still trying to get a few details lined out .... corner styles, which bottom I want .... and a couple of other things.

I originally decided to DIY the pool to save some money over a PB but I keep on adding options and more options and the project price keeps going up and up.

Oh well ... itll still be cheaper and I will have more options and exactly what I want.
    19600 gallon 18x36 IG vinyl liner over full length steel steps. 4'x8' sun ledge. Sport bottom 3.5-6.5'.
    Hayward equipment including SP3200 VSP, Pro Logic, T-15, S210S sand filter, 140k Heat Pump and Colorlogic light.
    Under track auto cover.