Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rectangular pool. Corner styles and liner installs

1. Back To Top    #1

Rectangular pool. Corner styles and liner installs

Getting closer and closer to ordering a DIY inground pool kit. I like the looks of the sharper corners but from reading it seems the 2' corners might be easier to set the liner.

So .... royal lists the corner options of the pool I am considering as 3" diagonal, 6" radius and 2' radius. Should I stick with the 2' corners or is going with one of the others not that bad?
    19600 gallon 18x36 IG vinyl liner over full length steel steps. 4'x8' sun ledge. Sport bottom 3.5-6.5'.
    Hayward equipment including SP3200 VSP, Pro Logic, T-15, S210S sand filter, 140k Heat Pump and Colorlogic light.
    Under track auto cover.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Rectangular pool. Corner styles and liner installs

6" radius are common and are easy to line up the corner of the vinyl to the corner of the pool shell. 2' radius corners are a little harder to lineup but put less stress on the corners which means dry rot holes might take longer to form over 6". Although I'd say the real derermining factor is which one you think looks better. I dont like small diagonal corners as it puts even more stress than any radius style
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Rectangular pool. Corner styles and liner installs

I like the looks of the tighter corners .... but dont want to shoot myself in the foot with something difficult to install or maintain.

Also ... i meant to post this in the "under construction" forum. I will make a duplicate post there and apologize for the mistake.
    19600 gallon 18x36 IG vinyl liner over full length steel steps. 4'x8' sun ledge. Sport bottom 3.5-6.5'.
    Hayward equipment including SP3200 VSP, Pro Logic, T-15, S210S sand filter, 140k Heat Pump and Colorlogic light.
    Under track auto cover.