Loose Plaster

dkoop

Jul 3, 2011
I am getting small pieces of plaster (and a lot of it) in the net. Further more the water is cloudy. Can this be caused by the loose plaster? Can too much metal in the water cause the plaster to flake?

PH is 7.6
TA is 120
CYA is 110
CH is 2

That was my thought today. CYA is high also at 110. The pool is 10000gal so I plan on 4 gal of NACL to bust it. Sound right?
I put 2 gal in Friday and it helped but not enough. I'm going to turn off the tab feeder for a while and just go to liquid. I wish I could wait till winter to do it but it is cloudy now.

With the CYA at 110, you will constantly have problems. You really need to dilute the pool first and get that level down. Otherwise, your throwing money at a bad situation without doing anything to help the bad situation.

If you add the liquid chlorine now, it will take a long time to see the level drop.

How are you testing the water?

Scott

The CYA is high but I have pools with higher and they are fine. I would like it to be lower but will hold off till winter to do a draw down. The free chlorine has come down some and will continue to.

The real problem I found today, was the filter. The Grid Manifold had collapsed which I replaced today and adjusted the priming speed of the pump.

Lots of plaster at the bottom of the filter also. It'll need to be redone soon as I think it has probably been atleast 12 year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.