Too much rain!

guamguy

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 26, 2010
Guam, USA
I came home from work today to find my pool like this!

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

Now... to go out in the rain to pump some water out.

We finally got some rain today and enough to backwash :) We needed that so badly!! Happy for the farmers, and our garden, that we got the short rain storm today.

Not happy that it was such strange storm that it caused our roof to leak in an odd place :( We weren't home, but the neighbors said it was raining in circles.

MD has been really hot and humid with spouts of rain. I hadn't had to fill my pool up for about 3 weeks and was ready to do it on Sunday talking about it when in the hot tub on Saturday night. It started pouring when we were in there and had about 1" new water by the end of the weekend. How nice is that? Nothing wrong with having too much water. Easy to get rid of it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
mynewpool said:
guamguy said:
mynewpool said:
Please send some to Houston.
Wish I could, I hear it's kind of dry up that way.

Very, Very dry. We have been having like 8 straight days of 100+ temps and feel like around 108+
Ouch! Year 'round we have temps in the upper 80's-low 90's, and a heat index around 100, but there is almost always a nice breeze. When those pics were taken, it was 72, and I felt COLD!

mynewpool said:
Well here in Houston we just set a record for most consecutive days of 100+ temps.

And they are expecting 104 all weekend. (sigh) I planted so many things this year, thinking we'd finally be done with the new house. So much has died between the freeze and the drought. Sad, so sad. Just lost a palm right in front of the pool, impossible to replace. Lost the oleanders in the freeze. Lost a lot of other stuff to the moles that moved in from the woods. I see 3 or 4 very tall pines (80' tall?) that are dead in the woods behind me, hope they don't fall on my fence or pool. All the baby trees I planted in the gaps in those woods are dead; dogwoods, magnolias, wax myrtles. My water bill was $330 for the past 60 days, some of that going to those baby trees. I can't keep this up. I can see that 15% of the woods around here are dead and there are huge areas where the pines are going fast. Deciduous trees may be able to shed their leaves and save the trunk but pines can't do that, if they go yellow they are dying. Huge swaths of pines in the woods are yellowing now. Guess we'll have forest fires next. (sigh)

guamguy said:
frogabog said:
People shed clothing with a quickness and switch to tank tops and shorts at 70 around here. 70 means it's warm out. :party:
I used to live in Washington, and grew up in Northern Michigan, so I know the feeling.
Where abouts in Michigan? I was born in northern Indiana (South Bend) and swam / sailed in Lake Michigan (Muskegon) with no hesitation !! Now? Pool needs to be 80 minimum!! :cheers: That's one reason I'm in Florida!!!! :party:
I didn't put on long pants until it got down to 49!! :whoot: Now? 70 ! :rant: In a way - I miss the "cooler" temps - but I absolutely hate the bitter - to the bone - cold and damp of northern winter. :blah:

Oh great! Today my local Weather bug site said it was 103.9 today, the forecast was for 102. Now the weekend that was to be 104 is calling for 106 or 107 depending on the source. Given that we typically see 2 degrees above the forecast.... Geeze.

On a brighter note, we had a thunderstorm this evening. So nice to sit on the screen porch and listen to the wind and rain. And the big frog, who apparently has moved from poolside over to the mini pond, has been carrying on ever since.

Gonna have a lot of stuff to clean out of the pool tomorrow. So many dead leaves falling it feels like November. For those of you from elsewhere, November is when fall begins to think about starting around here. The real leaf fall is in Jan/Feb.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.