At crossroads...need quick help!

Jun 17, 2011
Just finished backfilling my steel walled IGP with gravel. I need advice on the following scenarios:

I'm a little worried about backfill pushing the walls in. Is this a valid worry? Should I get water in there ASAP?

I have not done the concrete decking around the pool yet, and I was thinking about doing that after the water is in just in case there is any issues that I have to dig up. I'm just worried about the concrete guy knocking some gravel or aggregate into the pool and hurting the liner. The electrician will also need to ground the rebar so if he comes to hook up electrical he will have to come back a second time for the deck

I just don't know what to do next!!

I can't put water in the pool before final inspection. I can't do final inspection until by electrical is done. The electrician can't finish until he can ground the rebar. I can't put the rebar in for the deck until the pool is back filled!

Anyway, what I did was pull out half way or so up the wall until I can get this figured out.

I think that this should be ok for now? No rain in forecast for next week and on.

Poolmoblie,
My PB set my liner before it was backfilled. Concrete was the last thing for us on the pool. We really didn't get alot of gravel in our pool and we had gravel around the pool for about month and half. Some would get it but you just have to stay of top of keeping it cleaned out. It is alot easier now that concrete is done though. We had our liner in even without all the plumbing done. We just threw in a pump and had it hooked to extension cord to keep the water moving. But that was only for about a week. We just had to use alot of shock till the salt system and everything was done and working .

I checked with my pool wall manufacturer before I backfilled. He stated that with a good bond beam and the braces they supply i was good to go with backfill before we put water in the pool. I used pea-gravel for backfill and had no problems with the walls bowing. Does it look like your walls have moved at all? Did you stake the bottom of the walls in every rebar hole before the bond beam was poured? Here is a pic of my pool backfilled with no water in it.

Attachments

• 184 (Copy).JPG
    184 (Copy).JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 218
Inspectors are not crazy. Fill it and when he asks why, explain. If you messed up it's not the end of the world just be polite, apologetic, and ask his advise on how to do it. Even if you don't follow it, asking him will put him in your corner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.