am i crazy?

Jul 26, 2007
I am presently running my pool pump motor (DYNA GLAS MPRAGE 147L) 24hours/7days in order to keep algae growth to a minimum, due to the continuous heat.
Am I placing my motor in jeopardy by doing this?

That isn't a problem for the pump, only for your electric bill.

Running the pump extra won't help prevent algae unless you have a SWG, tablet feeder, or bleach pump that only runs when the pump is on. The thing which prevents algae is maintaining an appropriate FC level for your CYA level.

Rita,
You'll want to start here. Reading Pool School should give a bit of insight into the things talked about on this message board.

FC = Free Chlorine, and that is the stuff used to keep your pool sanitized.
CYA = Cyanuric Acid also referred to as stabilizer or conditioner. This is what helps protect the chlorine from 'burning off' in direct sunlight. Too little and most of your chlorine can be lost in about 30 minutes of direct sun. Too much and it interferes with your chlorine's ability to sanitizer and kill algae.
(Pulled from Definitions and Abbreviations in Pool School)

It's also best if you were to own your own test kit so you know exactly what your pool is doing.
There are a few recommended, but most on the site use the TF-100.

Hi Rita,

I just looked at your other thread, some of these recommendations have been suggested to you but it doesn't look like you investigated into it any deeper than adding a bunch of ph up.

Do you want to take control of your pool and make it simple? Read pool school, tell us about your test kit, and post your test results.

The kind members here have inserted the links to the pages that you need to read, and given you information about how to get a test kit that will help us help you, if you want the help. ^^^^^ look up^^^^^^

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.