jastu23 from Allen, TX. Hello and Thank you!

jastu23

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2011
Justin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've been happily skimming your site (sorry for the bad pun) and have went from a clear pool with tons of CYA (Thanks previous owner and local pool store) to an even clearer pool with proper levels maintained using your guidance and the BBB method! It seem more clear and sparkly when you know what's going in, and why, and for a lot less money! Hopefully, my signature updated correctly, but thanks to this great site, and common sense recommendations, my pool is great looking and currently at the following levels:

FC - 3
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 70
CH - 300
CYA - 40

About a month ago, I drained my pool down to 20% (The Pool Calculator is fantastic, by the way). Prior to that, I fought high CYA levels two years in a row. Since then, I used a few trichlor tabs (5 to be exact) to get CYA to 40 and, because I travel a lot, will use those sparingly, and allow that level to rise slightly, and within reason, over the summer. In the meantime, it's store brand bleach!

Since I haven't needed to post specifically, I wanted to drop a line here, thanking all those who contributed in the past. I'll soon be a supporter, and may have some questions as I contemplate converting to SWG. Also, I will be searching or asking about best ways to get rid of what looks like calcium spots on the tile near my water line. For now, I just wanted to introduce myself, and give you all a great big thanks!!

P.S. my co-worker is a brand new pool owner who, after having his pool builder sell them $50-$100 bucks of "Crud" per week, is a new convert to BBB.

Thanks for the greetings! And for throwing superstition out the window. :) It's been so long, I can't remember what a rain shower looks like any more. Hope you're faring better in your part of Texas!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Actually, I've been using the site for a while, and once I took the leap and began practicing the methods, it was as fast and effective as everyone says. As far as the membership, it seems like it was free when compared to all the money I've already saved in those chemicals I once thought could only be bought at a pool store.

For the others like me, I can attest to the fact that TFP really does cover everything. And it works wonderfully! Actually, explaining it to others who make that "you're putting bleach in your pool?!?!" face is almost as much fun.

Hey there neighbor! Glad to see I'm not the only Allenite who's taken control of his own pool's destiny.

Now if I could get the water temp back below 90...