Hayward pump spewing water out of top!! Help!

Aug 7, 2011
I've got a Hayward Pro series sand filter, and all of the sudden this morning, it start spewing water out around the ring where the vale assembly is attached to the sand tank.
It still pushing some water to the pool, so I know there's not a total blockage on the output, but does anyone else know what this could be?
We've been in this house for 3 years, and the filters run fine.. then in a week, we found a leak in the pool and now this.

I'm a little afraid to start taking the thing apart (that's usually my first approach) because i've never had to mess with the internals of the filter.
I'm not sure what to look for/check/clean
/etc
Any and all guidance would be very much appreciated!
Thanks,
Bob

well, i realized as i was turning it off, that the guage didn't change.. I unscrewed it and it stayed the same.. so I assume it's dead (it was moving a couple of weeks ago I know.)
So, that's the first thing to replace, I suppose

Welcome to the forum :lol:
I tightened the ring that connects the valve to the sand container
It's called a half-union or union. I would check it again soon....whatever made it decide to come loose (vibration?) may do it again.

I like your username.....me, too!! :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.