Hi guys, we've had a solid winter pool cover , the type held down with water bags, since we had our pool built in 2001. I'm tired of replacing leaking water bags and moving around the cover pump all winter. My boys are tired of removing the tons of leaves that accumulate on the pool cover too. Our current cover is beyond repair, and I've decided to bite the bullet and get a Loop Loc type cover. There are a couple of different types available, a mesh cover which lets water and light through, and 2 solid covers, one with mesh panels to let water through and one with a cover pump. I'd love to hear from folks that have these types of covers, what do you love about them and what do you hate about them. I have pavers around my pool, a slide, a deep end ladder, and a diving board.
1. For those with pavers, did you experience any cracked pavers due to the installation process?
2. For those with mesh covers, is the pool water very swampy upon opening?
3. For those with the solid covers, do you need to move the pump around frequently?
4. Does it even make sense to get a solid cover with the mesh drain panels?
5. With a mesh cover, how do you prevent rain/snow water from overflowing and getting behind the liner?