Non Blue Liners??

cramar

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 10, 2010
Sault Ontario
My 5 year old asked me today why all pool liners are blue.........ummm, why are all pool liners some shade of blue??
Of the millions of people with pools, no one wants funky colors like red, purple, whatever?
Do they look awful, do they cause more algae growth?

I'm curious, I googled but the only thing I could find was a caramel soft brown sort of pebble/rock print, which really looked nice by the way.

Black, white, and various grays, greens, and browns are available, though they are not nearly as common as the blue ones. Quite a number of other colors are available by special order, though that costs rather more than picking a stock color.

Pool liners are offered in the colors that are most popular. People expect clean water to be blue, and by and larger that is what they choose which they pick liner colors.

JasonLion said:
Black, white, and various grays, greens, and browns are available, though they are not nearly as common as the blue ones. Quite a number of other colors are available by special order, though that costs rather more than picking a stock color.

Pool liners are offered in the colors that are most popular. People expect clean water to be blue, and by and larger that is what they choose which they pick liner colors.
Also most kit pool packages are supplied with blue, at the higher end freeform bespoke other colours are more popular. A pearlescent slate grey is becoming very popular in Europe/Italy

Our pool is not vinyl, but we do have a color wheel behind our pool light. Even then, blue is still the color we usually have on, because who wants to swim in a pool that reminds them of algae....(or blood! :shock: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.