Newb Seeking Heater Advice

McQ

Aug 6, 2011
Just bought a 10' x 30" Intex circular above ground pool. It's the Easy Set Pool complete with the Krystal Clear 603 Filter Pump.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and while we consider 70 degree weather hot enough to go swimming, the only level ground available is our patio that is partially covered in the south by a raised garden. Late in the afternoon is when the West sheds sunlight, but also happens to be when the ocean winds kick up. I'm hoping to find a heat source for this small pool to keep it comfortable.

It looks as though there are quite a few Above Ground heaters available, but are out of my price range (preferably $200 maximum) and seem like overkill for the 1018 gallon pool.

I've only seen the SolarPro solar powered heater, and not entirely sure it will do the job considering the position of the pool in the shade.

Two alternatives I've considered is an inline "flow through" spa water heater, or an immersion "bucket heater." The inline spa heaters I've seen look like they would easily connect to the filter pump (possibly needing some kind of encasing) and the immersion heater would require constant attention and a method to keep it free of the sides of the pool.

Do these options sound feasible? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome.

I've seen this solar panel on a few websites, but I'm curious of distance from the pool and if I'll need an extra pump. I'd need to set the panel about ten yards to catch a few hours of sunlight.

Also, what is your experience with this liquid solar blanket?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.