DIY plastering

Jul 25, 2011
I'm certain I'm missing something but I don't know what it is. What exactly is the "hard" part of plastering? Is it the continuous mixing of the plaster, finding the right ingredients for the plaster, or just the extensive labor in applying it? Everyone says you can't do it yourself but no one says why...?

Yeah, I have a video of the plaster guys doing my pool. They had a crew of guys doing it. 1-2 guys at the mixer, on3 applying, and like 4 guys with trowels spreading and smoothing. Unless you have a tiny pool, its worth the cost to have someone do it. There is no way I would do that on my own. And I have done remodels of bathrooms and kitchens before. Unlesss you have a crew of other DIY'ers who want to help

Welcome to TFP!!

Without access to the special equipment (the guys that did it for us had a modified trailer with a mounted paddle mixer that dumped into the hopper of a crete pump) it would be impractical to DIY :(

If you can rent the mixer and build a place for it that would allow you to stack a pallet of marble dust and a pallet of white cement and let you dump it's fruits into the concrete pump. AND you got the amount of water figured out and a way to ensure that each mix was right... you might be able to DIY.

As this is set for next April, feel free to ask me what I know (it's not a lot - I've only troweled a few small sections - and that was ~ 20 years ago)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.