Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My infinity edge pool in Southern California [SEE PHOTOS]

1. Back To Top    #1

My infinity edge pool in Southern California [SEE PHOTOS]

took 7 months to finish building. hope you guys like it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    30k gallon, 793 sq ft, 50x21 infinity edge pool, 8x8spa, shotcrete plaster, Pentair intelliflo vs3050 pumps (2x), Pentair 2hp spa jet pump (1x), Pentair EZ Touch 8 indoor & outdoor, Pentair IS4 spa controller, Pentair Clean&Clear Plus 420, Pentair Intellichlor SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My infinity edge pool

Wow, looks amazing. Do you not worry that you'll fall off the edge?
    90k litres, outdoor in ground pool, concrete, painted (I hate paint)
    Sta-Rite 5P2R 1.5 Hp pump, undersized sand filter (needs upgrading).

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: My infinity edge pool

Absolutely beautiful!!!

I was surprised at how quickly it was to pick up on the BBB method, I was overwhelmed reading all the material ahead of time, after 5-7 tests I started seeing the trending and how the pool reacted and a couple months later I agree that it's not that hard - assuming of course one tests often, uses a good kit, and stays ahead of problems.

Great pool!!!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: My infinity edge pool in Southern California

What a stunning vista and gorgeous pool!

I'll be glad to come over and get you started. When can we come swimming?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice pool. I wish we had hills here in SE Texas. Our landscape is nothing but as flat as a pancake for miles and miles. I have a great view, but it is just as flat as can be.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

6. Back To Top    #6

Bad arse pool and yard you have there Bub. What's not to like. With a set up like that I am surprised you didn't go with a SWG. You are in the right place. These guys will take good care of you.
    10,800 gallons Gunite/Plaster
    Hayward 244t 24" Sand Filter with Zeo
    1 1/2 HP Challenger
    Digital Pool Pilot DIG-220 SC-48
    Located in NOLA

7. Back To Top    #7

Awesome pool!
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

8. Back To Top    #8

Stunning!

Enjoy that one.

Now get yourself into that pool (carefully, w/camera) and snap us some "wish I was you" infinity photos :~}
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

9. Back To Top    #9

Beautiful. Looks perfect
    12,000 Gallon inc spa, Gunite, 400,000 BTU, zodiac cleaner, SWG, cartridge filter

10. Back To Top    #10

Boy, I tell you, we can't beat those California views here in MD. What a great place to hang out. We like ours also, but our view doesn't even come close.
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

11. Back To Top    #11

B-E-A-utiful pool, and amazing view.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Re: My infinity edge pool in Southern California [SEE PHOTOS

here is another picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    30k gallon, 793 sq ft, 50x21 infinity edge pool, 8x8spa, shotcrete plaster, Pentair intelliflo vs3050 pumps (2x), Pentair 2hp spa jet pump (1x), Pentair EZ Touch 8 indoor & outdoor, Pentair IS4 spa controller, Pentair Clean&Clear Plus 420, Pentair Intellichlor SWG

13. Back To Top    #13

Really beautiful - great job!
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

14. Back To Top    #14

Paradise!

15. Back To Top    #15

Seriously.....I would never leave my backyard if I had this place. Pool, BBQ, Bar, Basketball. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

16. Back To Top    #16

super sweet, but is that a palm tree in that planter by the pool? My neighbor had one planted next to his pool and the roots cracked some of the concrete so he ended up having it removed $$$$$. regardless great backyard, it should be in a magazine!
    Dream Maker Big EZ Spa
    Using Leslie's Chlorine, Spa Shock, Ph Up & Dry Acid

17. Back To Top    #17

Beautiful pool. What color is the finish?
    Anne Marie, Monmouth County ,NJ. Salt water in ground french grey quartz/gunite pool 25000 gallons install July 2012