First off Hello :) i have been reading the forum for a month or so i finally broke down and registered!
Ok Now the problem i am having is getting rid of this Algae i have, Been trying to follow most of the recommendations but still having issues with it cant seem to get rid of it! Now some of the information that you guys/gals will need to help me proceed in "defeating" this problem!
Pool Size = 15' X 15' X 4' intex above ground pool converted to SWG.
FC = 3.0
PH = 7.8 (little high i see which i can correct}
Alkalinity = 100
Hardness = 200
CYA = 40 ppm
Salinity = 3100
I believe that my readings are not to bad I "shocked" the pool Sunday and it seemed as it was clearing up so i said cool look likes i am on the right track , so i let my pump ( cheap) intex standard pump that came with the pool run for 24 hours straight all the meanwhile Cleaning and washing out the "cartridge filter type A" and then i Brushed the SIDES of the pool and then the "bottom" that is when all went crazy it turned greened within minutes of me doing that so with that being said i figured ok well that "Dead" algae floated back up and i will just go in my normal routine and clean out the filter every 2 hours or so and see if it would go away but un-fortunately it has not :( now it is friday and it is still ugly green and i don't know what else to do. Should i "shock" again? i am at a loss to know what to do now i have tried to supply all the information i could gather these tests were done about 20 minutes ago so if any of you kind pool owners out there give a lead in the right direction to combating this issue it would be so helpful to me. PS the shock that i used was from LPS it was called Chloro-brite or something like that. Also Please forgive me if i posted in the wrong location. Thank you in advance as this will help me in the future.