One Man, One Pool and One Deck - AGP Pics

I used pressure treated wood, in all the types of deck materials pressure treated is the least expensive, although that is a relative sort of thing as it still adds up in price.
It has a long life if looked after properly.

That was the one part I had to get my wife to help me, she held the rolled wall in the middle and helped feed it out to me, that was actually the darkest day for this whole project in that the forecast called for winds to pick up that day but I decided to press on feeling we could get it up and water in before the wind started.
Well, the wind started before we were done and it started getting difficult, which caused me to get a little hectic working faster than I should have, once we started we had to finish. Ended up doing a couple of things wrong and had to backtrack the next day, all in all it was minor but the amount of stress during those 2 days was not very enjoyable.
There was a couple of panicked posts to this forum and it really helped me out a lot!!

All in all it was a very stressful process at times but the benefits have been worth it all!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Awesome job man !
You inspired me to retire our 4yr old Intex easy set and put up something bigger and better ! So we purchased a Sharkline 15' x 52" round last year on end of season clearance for $900
and started the install last week. new-agp-for-2012-t45875.html
Lots of hard labour digging out 10" to make it level, but well worth it with the youngest daughter just turning 9 and spending most of the short summer in it. Had a frustrating setback when the
liner had a seam leak, but a replacement was shipped out quickly. Overcast and wet this weekend so the new liner will have to wait a few more days. We are already looking at ideas for a deck
area across the front and part way around the right side. Like you, we are a "backyard family" for most of the summer, and my wife and I also spend a lot of time in the pool with the kids as well as on our own with a chilled beverage when the kids are away :) Right now the focus is getting it up & running (BBB) and warmed up (solar roof panels from last years intex setup) then take a rest before getting hyped up for the deck build ! Summer's are way too short here in Ontario, our pool time helps us make the most of it for the cost.

yeah great job! Looks really good....once you get those solar panels up on the garage you'll be loving the heat they put into your pool. Roofs are ideal for solar panels and really get hot in the summer.

Again, awesome job on the build...if you can handle putting up those metal walls, solar panels will be a snap.

I put 2 2' x 10' solar panels on the roof last year when we had the intex 16' easyset and they really worked well. Our neighbour right behind us has the same pool
and one day our kids were in our pool having fun and their kids were looking over the fence at them with sad faces :-(
our pool was 76 and theirs was 66................. hopefully they will work this year without any leaks

cramar said:
Thank you :-D

Have you tried a solar cover on your pool yet? I was thinking about the solar panel route myself but figured I'd give the pool a shot. Before adding the cover the pool would climb to as high as 72 by the end of the day but the cold Colorado nights would have it back down into the 60's by morning. I started using my solar cover on Tuesday and today is the first 80 degree day we have had, my pool is sitting at 78 degrees right now, it was 76 this morning.

I would definitely go the solar cover route before adding solar panels. I no longer have any intention of adding solar panels to my pool, the cover alone does just fine.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad others found the pics useful.

I upgraded to a heavier solar cover last year but still couldn't get the pool as warm as I'd like, I ordered 8'X20' of solar panels a couple days ago.
This is the last project and I'm all done.

As a do it yourselfer myself and joy of creating things.....YOu did a great job and it must have been rewarding. After prepping my small 14' intex pool, I don't think I would do a real pool myself. But decking and that I would!

Why did you bury a few of the concrete support posts? extra support or something? just curious why it's done like that.

Thanks for the compliments.

- the concrete pavers have to be buried so they are level with the ground, above ground pools have a bottom rail that the wall sits in so if the pavers are above the ground most of the bottom rail will be elevated, there would be total failure of the pool, the entire bottom track has to be flush with and resting on the ground.
- the pool ladder was part of the pkg, it's ok but I don't know how long it will last, at some point we plan on upgrading to a style of ladder that is a bit more like steps. the pool pkg came from FamilyPoolFun.com, they were great to deal with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.