Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Man, One Pool and One Deck - AGP Pics

One Man, One Pool and One Deck - AGP Pics

Finally got around to getting all my pics together.
    These are from my 20' pool install, I planned this thing for almost 1 year and it was the most difficult/stressful/rewarding experience. I did the entire pool/deck install all by myself and it took about 3 weeks working 12-14 hour days. I can honestly say that watching my 5 year old daughter enjoy this pool has been worth all the effort, not to mention how much our family has enjoyed being together on hot afternoons, this pool really is a great family item.
    I estimate that I saved 5-6 thousand by doing it myself, thanks to all the people here who provided help.

20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

One Man, One Pool and One Deck - AGP Pics Part 2

More pics of the deck and AGP install.

20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

Re: One Man, One Pool and One Deck - AGP Pics

Nice job!
    17K gal, AG, Hayward Sandfilter, new to the BBB method.

You put in a lot of work on that deck & pool and it looks like good workmanship. The deck looks very sturdy and you can be proud of the whole installation. I'll bet your little helper will like the pool.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Liquidator chlorine feeder. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

A lot of thought and hard work went into that oasis!

Here, this is for you
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

Nice job! That was a lot of work...but worth it. Looks like you have some good roof mounting options not to far from pool for the solar panels. How do you like using the deck piers? I am planning on using them for my pool deck.
    TFP Moderator who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

Great work! The whole setup looks extremely professional.
    Aaron
    TFP Expert - As proven by three years of crystal clear water :D
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG / Hard plumb: Waterway 2HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG / Taylor K-2006 / Central IL ]
    Powered by: TFP, The Pool Calculator, TFTestkits

Thanks for the kind feedback.
    I plan on getting solar panels for the garage roof next year, I've done enough this year, I also plan on hard plumbing to them. It's a struggle keeping the pool at a temp I like, so I'm hoping solar heat will be a big help, plus the roof gets great sun exposure.

Deck blocks are pretty common in Ontario due to hard winters, I know plenty of people that have piers into the ground and their decks have still heaved, actually the sun room behind the deck is on piers into the ground and has heaved a bit. Our frost can get pretty deep here.
    My first plan was straight from DeckPlans.com but ironically that building system is not recognized in Ontario so I had to re-design to what you see in order to get a permit, our building dept was very helpful thru the entire process.
    Only concern I have with the blocks is if things move a bit, trying to curve the 2X6 decking around the pool rail came out a bit closer than I planned, if the deck moves a bit it could come in contact with the pool rail (but I might be overly critical as well).
    It could be fine though, I'll watch it over the winter and see how it goes, ultimately there's only one board that is close and the solution would be to just remove it for the winter.
    Having someone come in an drive piers 6' into the ground would have been great, but I simply couldn't afford it.

It's amazing how much it has brought my family together, its already made some great summer memories for my daughter (mom and dad too) and has already paid for itself.

If you can figure out how to transfer water cheaply from Texas to Ontario, I'll ship you some 96 degree water and you can ship me some of yours.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II T100 Sand Filter, CompuPool CPCS48 SWG, TF-100 test kit

Best of all your little Princess knows Daddy built it just for her!
    10,800 gallons Gunite/Plaster
    Hayward 244t 24" Sand Filter with Zeo
    1 1/2 HP Challenger
    Digital Pool Pilot DIG-220 SC-36
    Located in NOLA

Robbie: wait until January and I'll ship you down a 20' by 3' circular hunk of ice!!

Dalandlord: a couple times already I got a big hug in the pool followed by "Thank you for building this for me daddy".......well, that pretty much just melted me, made it all worth it.

What a wonderful job!
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

Wow that's a build to be proud of.
    Intex 15x48, Intex Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Intex 14" Sand Filter, TF-100 unicorn eating spaghetti while riding a unicycle on a high wire during a storm edition test kit,

http://tftestkits.net

BEAUTIFUL JOB!
    18x52'' intex AGP, 6981 gal, 2650 intex sand filter,
    thru wall skimmer, BBB method

Nice Job! We have the same liner you do... so pretty!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

Very nice job!
    The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

24' x 52" Intex ultra frame pool (12,400 gallons) with seperate Intex 2500gph pump and SWG and 2 Intex magnetic pool lights.
    Looking to upgrade to 27-30' semi inground install

As the father of my own little 7 year old princess I am sure all the hard work was worth it. Congratz on a beautiful job. Really, really nice.
    21' All Steel AGP with Resin caps, Heyward S244T Sand Filter, Heyward 1HP 2 speed pump

Great job on the pool and deck. Approximately what are the dimensions of your deck? I am planning on building a deck and I dont want to go too big or small. Thanks.

That, sir, is about as fine a "how to do it" pictorial as I have ever had the pleasure of having seen. Nicely done.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

Thanks for the kind feedback.

The deck is 12'x19', it contours with the pool edge down to about 11' wide at the narrowest.
    We were really pinched in at the preferred site due to proximity to garage, I wish the deck had at least 2-4 more feet wide, but we are a small quite family so it works quite well.
    I never tallied the final costs on the deck but I'd estimate something in the area of about $1800 cdn, or so.