Ozone and PH

hugh47

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 22, 2011
NE Oregon
Does having an ozonator and circ pump, running continually, affect PH? I'm having a hard time bringing down my PH and TA; PH=8.0 TA=200. It seems like the constant aeration would keep the PH high. This is in a hot tub, 330 gals., 99 degrees. I added what the pool calculator suggested and it didn't have any noticeable effect; am I just being a chicken not wanting to dump copious quantities of muriatic acid in my tub? :)

You're being a chicken :)

The aeration from an ozonator, especially if on a lot of the time, does make the outgassing worse, but running jets is even worse. At any rate, a TA of 200 ppm would even have the pH rise significantly in a pool, let alone a spa. You really need to get that TA down A LOT and yes, adding a bunch of Muriatic Acid is the way to do it, but in a spa the process is much faster because you can aerate significantly with jets. Just follow the Lower Total Alkalinity process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.