Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intermatic Multiwave Controller - any good?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intermatic Multiwave Controller - any good?

Anyone have any experiences with the PE653 Controller?
    I'm looking at buying one and my pool guy is saying this is a really good lower cost alternative.

I am specifically looking at buying the Intermatic PE34065RC (2 stage pump, blower, heater, actuators) then running my pool lights on a separate switch inside the house.

The price is way cheaper than the alternatives I've seen from Hayward, Jandy and Pentair - so I'm a bit wary - what have you guys seen?
    18-20k Gallons
    DE
    IG, Concrete (Plaster)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intermatic Multiwave Controller - any good?

If your needs are very simple, it would work fine for a long time, just like Intermatic's other gear. But if you go for LED lights and variable speed pumps, stick with the big boys.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intermatic Multiwave Controller - any good?

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    If your needs are very simple, it would work fine for a long time, just like Intermatic's other gear. But if you go for LED lights and variable speed pumps, stick with the big boys.2

Scott

Thanks for the response. The main reason we are looking at going with the Intermatic is pricepoint. Our old Jandy sytem (Aqualink 2 - it predates the RS series) isn't supported anymore and most of them seem complete overkill. We just want something with a freezeguard that will run our pool and have wireless controls.

Currently we have a

2 stage pump
    Blower
    2 actuators to turn on spa
    Pool lights
    Heater

This is one more circuit than the controller has so I am planning on running the pool lights to a Z wave switch that the wireless controller control.
    18-20k Gallons
    DE
    IG, Concrete (Plaster)