Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Options for automatically adding liquid chlorine?

1. Back To Top    #1

Options for automatically adding liquid chlorine?

What are my options as far as an automatic way to add liquid chlorine to my pool?
    I read the link about the liquidator but I assume there must be more options.
    21,000 gal Fiberglass (Indoor)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana
    The Liquidator is about it. There was another one that everybody had problems with, but I haven't heard much about it in the last couple of years.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA
    One can use a peristaltic pump (see this post for an inexpensive example). Another thread about this is here and there's also this post.

Another option is a saltwater chlorine generator (SWG) pool to generate chlorine from salt in the pool.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4
    I used a Peristaltic pump on my previous pool. Get the one that has the adjustable
    timer. You can have it installed to come on with your filter pump.

I used a 15 gal. barrel to store the Liquid Chlorine.

The only problem I ever had was when the tank would go empty
    because I forgot to fill it.

The best part of the installation is you can keep your Chlorine level
    at the exact value you like because it adds Chlorine every time your
    pump is running. If you run your pump when the pool is in use it will
    automatically add additional Chlorine to compensate for the bather load.

Cliff s

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Interesting post. Can you tell us what brand, model and approx cost of your pump?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Central New York
    I use a Rola-Chem. Max output is 1.12 Gal Per Day. It adjusts down to about .01 Gal Per Day.

Like this one. ... goryID=489

Or this one. ... eed-Pumps/

Do a search for them as that address doesn't tell to much about them. I've had mine for 4 years and it has worked great.

I found the page that has good information.

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

7. Back To Top    #7
    Rola-chem, Stenner, and Blue-white are all good. Stenner and Blue-white are geared more to the commercial market.

8. Back To Top    #8

South Central NJ
    Since you already have and AutoPilot controller, why not put a chlorine generator on from them? It makes liquid chlorine.
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

9. Back To Top    #9
    I just unhooded the SWG and changed my pool from salt water to fresh water. The salt water would splash up onto the pool deck and when the water evaporates it leaves the salt behind. This salt was eating my aluminum auto cover track along with damaging my coping stones.
    21,000 gal Fiberglass (Indoor)