Hayward Tristar Dieing

jasonknox

Platinum Supporter
May 4, 2010
SW Georgia
I do beleive my Hayard Tristar is Dieing. It is 1HP rated with a SF of 1.85HP. I am considering going with a two speed and from information gathered from different post here am thinking about the Pentair Whisperflow series. The PSI at the filter is 14psi. I do not know what the vacuum figure is on the suction side. One of the post indicated that the Whisperflow series actually pumped more water than a Tristar of the same HP rating, indicating that I might be able to step down to a 3/4HP. I want to be absolutely sure so I don't end up purchasing a pump that will not work properly. I think my pump curve landed in the middle of 3/4hp and 1hp and my wisdom says move to the next highest. What do ya'll think? Factors: .11/kwh, I run a poolcleaner(suction side poolverneugen) 1day a week for 10 hours (would a 3/4hp push it?)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.