Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Drying items right after testing?

1. Back To Top    #1

Drying items right after testing?

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and after running my full tests yesterday I got to thinking.

After you run your tests do you towel dry the test cylinders and the TC/pH test square off before you store them away in your test kit, or do you just store them away wet?
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Drying items right after testing?

I always put mine away dry.
    20x40 IG Vinyl, 1.5 HP Whisperflo, Sta-Rite System 3 (300) Sq. ft Cart
    Intellichlor IC40 SWCG, 125,000 BTU Pentair heatpump, Polaris 280
    7' IG FG Spa, 2 HP Whisperflo, Pentair Dynamic III Cart (100) Sq. ft

3. Back To Top    #3

I dump out the test solutions, rinse the vials with the leftover sample water, then go rinse them again in the pool. Then they get set on the table to drip dry while I add whatever. So...sometimes they're dry and sometimes they're wet, just depends on what I have to add.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I rinse the test tube out with the pool water in my little bottle, shake, then store after I run each test. Then I rinse with pool water again before testing.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

I store my test cylinder upside down. Shake out excess moisture, but do not dry. Probably would be best if I did, though, just with our hard water and the buildup it causes. Just not convinient to dry. Rinse with new pool water before starting next test.
    ~~ Allison ~~
    Intex 18' x 48" Easy Set Pool, approximately 5455 gallons
    Krystal Clear 1500 GPH Filter Pump Model 56635EG - 635 with Auto Timer
    BBB FOR BEGINNERS ~ THIS IS A MUST READ FOR ANYONE OVERWHELMED!!

6. Back To Top    #6

I do a D. I. rinse, put away dry. Years of habit for me.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

7. Back To Top    #7

I've left them on the table when I'm adding stuff, but sometimes a gust of wind gets ahold of them. So I've just been rinsing and putting away damp, then re-rinsing before next use.
    I may start drying them out since my Chlorine drop test cylinder has been starting to black film up on me, so that needs a good cleaning.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit