Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Chemistry Target

1. Back To Top    #1

Largo, FL

Water Chemistry Target

I'm a new SW pool owner with a pebblesheen interior. I have been targeting chemistry levels supplied by the installer. The pool is located in the Tampa Bay area and aside from the local monsoons for which the area is noted receives about 8 hours of direct sun each day. The pool temperature is about 90 degrees and is used occassionally during the week and moderately on the weekends. The pump runs 10 hours a day and keeps the water very clear. The SWG is outputing at 35% with Nacl level at 2700. This seems adequate to maintain the FC level at 3. I do see a rise in FC occassionally and have attributed it to the SWG cell ouput and need to settle in on a setting. My only issues so far has been maintaining the correct pH level. This is normal from what I have gathered from the forum.

My question is: Do I stay with pebbles recomendations or is there some other wisdom that can be supplied from the forum?

Pebble's recommendation:
    Cl 1.5-3.0
    pH 7.2-7.6
    CYA 30-50
    TA 80-100
    CH 200-250
    Learning to Manage
    10.5K Alpine Blue Pebble Sheen with a dash of abalone
    Hayward AquaRite, ProGrid 4820 DE, SP II

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Water Chemistry Target

Have you checked out Pool Calculator?

If you plug in your numbers, your surface, and that you use a SWG, it will give you recommendations. I'm guessing it will say CYA is too low. But the ultimate test is: is the water clear and sparkly? Does it hold chlorine? Then enjoy.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Water Chemistry Target

I'd suggest you use the levels suggested here.
    It would be nice if you could post a set of test results and how you got them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit