Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moisture Or Leak ??

1. Back To Top    #1

Moisture Or Leak ??

We have just installed a new pool and was very careful with every step and know the liner was not harmed..We only have about 3-5 inches of water in the pool' havent realy noticed a water drop...But we noticed the thin layer of crushed limestone around the pool was damp from water...We have foam on the walls & a foam cove in the pool...Could this just be moisture coming from under the liner of the foam walls? Its only around about 12-15 ft of the pool on one side...Is this normal when in over 100 temps that it could be moisture? Thanks
    24' x 52" Round AGP Volts:115 Amps:9.5 Hz:60 HP:1.5 SPL PH:1 Max Load Amps:10.2 RPM:3450 SF:1.0 ENCL:DP FR:48 Insul Class:F AMB:40Deg's C Time Rating:Cont

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Moisture Or Leak ??

Is it real humid? Maybe it's just condensation. Same as a glass sweating, just on a larger scale.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Putting cold water in a warm pool will condensate some. Being that you're in MS I'm sure you know a thing or two about humidity!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Humidity has been real bad here this year' with also higher than normal temps...Onlything strange is it just goes around about 6ft or so only...I guess i could try the bucket test. The dealer said they have never had 1 liner to come back with a bad seam...Its been real dry but now its raining here 2 days now...In a few days when it breaks' I will try the bucket test for 24 hours i guess..Temps next week will be in the low 80's for highs & high 60's lows...
    24' x 52" Round AGP Volts:115 Amps:9.5 Hz:60 HP:1.5 SPL PH:1 Max Load Amps:10.2 RPM:3450 SF:1.0 ENCL:DP FR:48 Insul Class:F AMB:40Deg's C Time Rating:Cont