Hi, I'm going to attempt probably my most difficult DIY project to date, install an inground pool. Pool comes tomorrow and the digging starts this weekend. Biggest concern I have is the vermiculite bottom, which I may contract out. The good news is the pool is only 14' X 28' with a 5' deep end so the bottom and dig should not be to difficult.
4X28 Rectangle 2R Steel
Hayward Pro Grid DE 36sqft
Hayward 1.5hp Super Pump
Now my questions:
1. Do I need a bottom drain with only a 5' deep end.
2. 1.5" or 2" pipe? PVC or Tiger Flex? I'm thinking 2" PVC.
3. Is a 1.5HP pump too big for my small pool or will it be OK.
4. Are there plumbing schematics available to show all connections to the filter.
5. If I install deck jets and a slide can I run them off the filter pump. If so how should the plumbing be arranged.
6. Any plumbing schematics to rough in for a heater?
7. How much vermiculite for a pool this size?
Any advice would be appreciated!