Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clean your pool w/ a tennis ball (sort of)

1. Back To Top    #1
    Cincinnati, OH

Clean your pool w/ a tennis ball (sort of)

I was just browsing my normal site this morning and came across a link to this short article.
    It says you can use a tennis ball to remove oils from the top of the water.

But if your keeping your pool balanced I don't think you need to do this. At least I have not had any issues w/ oils on my water.
    Thanks TFP

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: Clean your pool w/ a tennis ball (sort of)

It does seem that it would act similarly to a scum ball or scum bug.

Suntan lotions/oils are a big problem for some pool owners so it probably wouldn't hurt to have an extra tennis ball around :P
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Portland, Oregon

Sounds like you could just throw one in and let it float around for a week and replace. hmmm... Interesting.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

4. Back To Top    #4

Elkridge, MD

If the tennis ball manufacturers catch onto this, they're going to start adding CYA and copper to the balls...
    32 x 16 20,000 gallon inground vinyl. Pool Genie filter. BBB seems to be working well so far despite high CYA. Aquabot Turbo T which I adore.