My DIY build

Jun 17, 2011
Just thought I would share a few pictures of my progress....

My specs are as follows:

- 16x19x32 Bahama shape steel wall (I have a massive right of way on my property for city sewers so I was limited)
- Hayward 2 speed 1hp pump
- Sand Filter
- Hayward natural gas heater
- Hayward LED light
- In wall stairs

I started about 3 weeks ago and had to deal with numerous delays due to bad weather.

Cut out tarp to plan where would be the best fit (friend already swimming!)

Ripped out all my sod (should have just let excavator do this!)

Excavation day

Panels up:

Concrete bottom and stairs in

Plumbing lines (nightmare!)

Going to backfill in a few days. I have to get the light niche installed. I have to install it on a curved 8ft radius panel. Do I just press the niche so it bends or do I need to do some sort of filler? You can see the back of the niche a few pics up.

Thanks! Let me know your thoughts!

Wow! Nice start, poolmobile! I can't answer your niche question as mine was imbedded in concrete but others will be along soon to help. You surrounding terrain looks like maybe California?

Please tell your friend that he will have much more fun AFTER the water goes in the pool. (What's that you say?......the adult beverages were providing him ALL the fun he needed? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Your build looks professional and well thought out. Nice work!

Thanks for your comment! It has been a lot of work, most of it by myself.

I am actually in Canada. A place called Kelowna...which has a an arid climate which is vey similar to California...big wine producer as well!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.